Chinese Investments and Finance in Latin America
Intelligence Series Banking
The spread of Chinese commercial banks in Latin America follows the increasing presence of Chinese state-owned and private enterprises, creating intricate financial ties that are independent of political ideology and that will only grow with the expansion of the Belt and Road Initiative to the region.
Figure - Chinese Finance to Latin America by year, 2005-2018
Why you need to buy this report
- With this report, you’ll know who are the key Chinese players financing and executing projects in Latin America, and what type of investments to expect from Chinese firms in the near future.
Table of contents
- The Rising Sun Over Latin America
- The Waning Pink Tide: Who Does China Lend to Now?
- Wells to Rails: What Kind of Project Does China Finance?
- The Role of Chinese Commercial Banks
- Halting the Dragon: Obstacles to Chinese Finance
- The Future of Chinese Investment and Finance in the Region
Companies and projects related to this report
- Odebrecht S.A.C.
- Petróleo Brasileiro S.A.
- Banco Central del Uruguay
- China Construction Bank Corp.
- Haitong Securities Co.
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
- Banco Central de la República Argentina
- Banco Central de Chile
- The World Bank Group / Grupo del Banco Mundial
- International Monetary Fund
- Bank of China Limited
- The Export-Import Bank of China
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) - Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID)
- Haitong Bank S.A.
- Banco Central do Brasil (BCB)
- China Railway Construction Corporation
- International Business Machines Corp.
- China Three Gorges Corporation
- China Development Bank
- Rositas hydro plant
- Chaglla Hydro Plant
Pages (English Version)
Caribbean South America Central America Mexico