Argentine election: What awaits the electric power sector?
The effectiveness of new energy policies will hinge on the incoming administration's general economic blueprint, including how it decides to manage the fiscal deficit and inflation. But for now, these plans remain shrouded in doubt as the market awaits further details of the candidates' respective energy proposals which, in any case, will be at the mercy of Argentina's harsh economic realities.
Figure - Monthly CPI in Argentina
Table of contents
- Where does Argentina's electric power sector stand?
- Sector planning, or a lack thereof
- What to expect
- Urgent investments
Companies and projects related to this reports
- Aleph Midstream S.A.
- Compañía Administradora del Mercado Mayorista Eléctrico S.A.
- Vista Oil & Gas Argentina S.A.
- Banco BICE
- International Monetary Fund
- AES Corp.
- Overseas Private Investment Corp.
- Banco de Inversión y Comercio Exterior S.A.
- Vaca Muerta Formation
- La Bombilla Wind Farm
Pages (English Version)